The Instructional Resource Center and Joan and Julie and their great team of student employees are 随时为您服务!
The IRC provides resources, 指令, 指导, and tutoring sessions (both drop-in and regularly scheduled) to help students succeed. We are looking forward to giving you the academic support you need.
If you are interested in tutoring or becoming a tutor, 请按此!
Feel free to email me with questions or suggestions. ~琼·贾勒特 firstname.lastname@example.org
The IRC is located in LRC852 (the bottom floor of the library building near the stairs). We are open M-F from 8am-5pm. The IRC currently does not have evening hours; however, the Library computer/study area is open M-Th until 9.
The IRC cares for the well-being of all students, and we want you to know you have the resources and services available to support your learning journey. We have added additional support and resources related to online learning. The IRC’s services are described in more detail below.
Think of our tutors as academic coaches!
Introducing a new approach to helping students succeed in classes, those who are working in the IRC will have expanded duties and will be known as Academic Coaches. In addition to helping students with course content, our academic coaches will assist students in becoming independent learners by also focusing on time management, 研究策略, and metacognitive routines. These student employees will regularly help students with:
· TIME MANAGEMENT: Stay on top of academics and other activities with tools that help you prioritize, 计划, 坚持到底.
· ACTIVE STUDYING: Master course content with active studying techniques such as concept mapping and self-quizzing.
· READING: Retain important concepts from any text, 无论是化学, 历史, or political science as well as capturing the student's thought processes through the use of metacognitive strategies.
· TEST PREPARATION: Learn techniques for taking exams involving multiple choice, 文章, 和应用题.
· NOTE-TAKING: Capture key elements from lectures and readings, use metacognitive routines, and organize your notes to better understand the material covered in class.
Academic Coaches will help you succeed by providing tools to properly balance academic demands as well as other obligations. They will work one-on-one with students to improve your academic strategies, develop effective study habits, and find that school/life balance a busy college student needs.
学生 who have visited the Instructional Resource Center regularly report that they have gained skills to help them become more successful in their college courses, 所以他们的GPA会上升!
NetTutor offers live tutoring on-demand, question drop-off, and writing feedback. It is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Feather River College students can access NetTutor help via Canvas. For informational videos regarding the services NetTutor provides and how they work, click on the NetTutor link under the Index at the right. If you are already familiar with NetTutor or feel comfortable accessing it, go to the Instructional Resource Center Canvas shell at the following link and then click on NetTutor on the navigation bar at the left.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.